> The secret is that once you've installed the system, put away
> sysinstall(1).  Learn how to use the system level commands for
> installing packages -- particularly pkg_add(1).  Even better, use the
> ports tree.  This may sound terrifying to the uninitiated: "what, you
> mean I should compile all this stuff from source?!" but that's the
> beauty of the ports system.

Hi, Thanks for the response. I understand that the ports system is the most
up-to-date. However, if I choose to install a package (to install very large
packages like openoffice or mozilla say), am I am correct in thinking that I must
install from the the directory set aside for my release? If this is the case why
is it not a good idea to use sysinstall?

Thanks, Rahul