On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 10:16:03AM -0600, Darryl Hoar wrote:
> Greetings,
> I just installed Freebsd 4.9 on a machine.
> I want to setup Samba so that a NT4 server
> can copy some files to the Freebsd 4.9 machine.
>
> I am looking for fine manual to read, or turtorial
> for setting it up.  The Freebsd machine will be a
> member of an existing windows domain, but will
> not be a PDC or BDC.
>
> thanks in advance for pointers.
>
> -Darryl

Hi Darryl,

The Samba HOW-TO collection at http://samba.mirror.ac.uk/samba/docs/man/ or
some mirror closer to you should answer all Samba questions :-)  It's for
Samba 3.0 (which is the samba-devel port in FreeBSD), but most of the basic
configuration is similar enough to Samba 2.8 that it is useful for both.

        Scott