from an NT 4 server, it keeps prompting
for username/password.

Have you used the smbpasswd utility to create Samba user accounts on the BSD box? As per:
http://us1.samba.org/samba/ftp/docs/htmldocs/smbpasswd.8.html

Ruben was getting at that by suggesting...
> the windows domain, you must also create the same user on the
> samba box.)

HTH,

Christopher Hollow

Darryl Hoar wrote:

I followed your tutorial, using
FreeBSD 5.1 the same setup as
you describe.

When I try to access the samba shares
from an NT 4 server, it keeps prompting
for username/password. None of the Primary Domain passwords work. If I access the share from a Win2000 machine
it works beautifully. Does this have
something to do with password encryption?

Any ideas how to get around this problem ?

thanks,
Darryl