On Friday 28 November 2003 21:49, Rishi Chopra wrote:
> After installing FreeBSD I get the following message:
>
> No /boot/loader
>
> FreeBSD/i386 boot
> Default: 0:da(0,a)/kernel
> boot:
>
> When installing the OS, I created one partition using the entire disk
> (in this case a 560GB arrray) and created two mount points (256M 'swap'
> as da0s1a and 559G '/' as da0s1b.  How can I get the OS to boot?
Uhmp, is this typo?         ^^^^^^^
Lable "b" is swap-reserved (e.g da0s1b)

Create one slice for the whole disk (da0s1) and one label for / (da0s1a) one
for swap (da0s1b) and at least one label for /usr (da0s1d on 5.x otherwise
ad0s1e). da0s1c reflects "the whole" disk.
If you're new to FreeBSD figure out the difference between slice and label
resp. partitions.

-Harry