At 1:26 PM -0600 11/29/03, Charles Howse wrote:
On Saturday 29 November 2003 01:03 pm, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

 To me, it looks like lpd is not accepting remote connections
 on moe.  That would happen if lpd is not being started during
 system startup, or if you have started it up with the '-s'
 ("secure") flag.  What do you see if you type the following
 command on moe:

The -s flag was the problem. Thanks!

FEATURE. It's a FEATURE... :-)

May I ask another printer-related question?

Using KDE, is there a way to change the quality or resolution
of a print job on the fly?  For example, when I open KEdit
to print a file, I don't have an option to print in a
different resolution or to lower the quality setting.

I'm having to edit /usr/local/etc/apsfilter/hp1100/apsfilterrc
and change things to suit me before each print job at a
different setting.

I don't use KDE or apsfilter, so someone else will have to answer this. If I understand what you're looking for, you might be able to get the effect you want by defining multiple print queues, with different options for each queue.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]