Hello. I'm running pcm on Thinkpad 600 (FreeBSD 4.9 RC3) without any problem.

It looks like your kernel is compiled with option PNPBIOS, these devices that "unknown, cannot assign resources" are unknown PNP devices, usually of no importantance (from my previous experience). These PNP devices seems have nothing to do with pcm0, they are just luckly to be printed right after pcm.

Try to play some music, use mixer(8). Perhaps you already have a working pcm0.