Jesse Guardiani wrote:

Eric F Crist wrote:

Hey all,

I've been trying to get some remote pringing working to no avail.  I
purchased a ZOT print server (http://www.01tech.com/m_p100s.htm) that I
have working
with Windows perfectly.  I also installed apsfilter (Great job on that,
btw) and have the remote printer working on this end via parallel just
fine. FWIW, it's a Brother HL-1440 laser printer.

Anyone have any ideas on what I'm missing? This printer just doesn't
respond at all when going over the network.

Does the ZOT use SMB protocol? If so, you might want to install CUPS and Samba and print over SMB.

But aspsfilter will support smbclient as well, if
you ask it to when running the ./SETUP shell
script.

Kevin Kinsey