Gary Lum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>   I had FreeBSD 5.1 installed on an older Dual 440BX
> motherboard which was current with CVS.  I replaced
> the board with a 440GX dual. Basically, I took the HD
> out of the old system and put into the new since the
> boards are pretty similar.The system is working but
> there seems to be some quirks such as the Onboard NIC
> will not pick up a connection( IT is recognized by the
> System and uses the same driver (FXP)) and the floppy
> drive will not read a floppy at anytime (At boot too).
> I've rebuilt world and kernel and still have the same
> problems.
>   I'm also noticing now that after reconfiguring X, my
> mouse is chunky. To be honest, it's chunky in the
> mouse setup in /stand/sysinstall too.
>
> I'm leaning towards a flakey board but have to admit
> my naivity in that it may be due to not reinstalling
> from CD. Suggestions, comments?

The floppy is one thing -- if it won't work at boot, then FreeBSD
probably isn't related to its problems.  The NIC may be a different
issue; you could try booting from the install CD and see if it works
from there.  The mouse I'm even less sure about; it sounds like it
could be an interrupt problem, but that's a sort of vague guess.

Then again, I'm still running 4.x (5.x won't boot at all on my spare
machine, thanks to the inclusion of AGP in the default kernels)...