On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 04:53:52PM +1030, Malcolm Kay wrote:

> This raises a question for which I don't know the answer:
>   How does one list an http directory that does allow it?

Basically, you shouldn't.  If the web site administrator has set up
index.html files or otherwise prevented you from generating a
directory listing, it generally means that there's stuff in that
directory which you aren't meant to access.  It's impolite (at best)
to try and get round that, although the wise admin will take stronger
meansures to ensure that even if you can guess filenames, you still
can't download anything you shouldn't.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way