Rickard Dahlstrand wrote:
Hi,

I have a computer that will have it's power removed quite often. In other word It will not unmount the file system. What kind of implications does this have in the long term?

I have discovered that the start-up takes much longer because of having to clean the file system. Is there a way to prevent this and what harm can cutting the power have on the system?

I know of some installations that use read-only mounting. Is it possible to mount / RO and /etc and /var RW? Will that speed up the boot process?

Best Regards, Rickard.

5.2 has background fsck - I don't know if its going to fix all of the
problems that cutting the power is going to introduce, but Its going
to speed up your boot sequence for sure.

Gilad.