--- Adam Seniuk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I keep getting /kernel: Too many dynamic rules,
> sorry im my log file several
> times and i am not sure whats going on I have read
> some articles but they
> are all in 2000 and for FreeBSD 4.0.
>
> If someone could give me a clue into what this is
> and how I can fix it. That
> would be great!
>
> Thanks.
>

> Adam Seniuk
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[snip]

>From the IPFW(8)
 net.inet.ip.fw.dyn_max: 8192
             Maximum number of dynamic rules.  When
you hit this limit, no more dynamic rules can be
installed until old ones expire.

Default on my FBSD 4.9 box with (options IPFW2 in
kernel config) is 4096.

It may be helpful to tweak this setting or adjust the
expire time.(net.inet.ip.fw.dyn_ack_lifetime). There
are other sysctl knobs you can tweak. Check the man
page.