Hi. I am a full time FreeBSD user at home and all I need from networking is dialup via modem to my ISP. I get my IP dynamically and thus it may vary from call to call. I have migrated to FreeBSD from RH Linux some time ago. RH installation procedure sets hostname and domain as 'localhost' and 'localdomain'. Under FreeBSD there is no default value of hostname. So I've tryed to set it to something like 'me_at_home' or didn't touch it at all. In last case there was some troubles, but they were not critical.

So... I wonder what hostname an average user at home should set?

I use 4.9-RELEASE.

Thank you!

(please CC to my email)

Yuri