I've added
        device  acpica
to my kernel and removed
        device  apm0
Now all work very well!

Handbook says that ACPI is better to use than APM. I probably had problems while using APM (even enabled in any sort).
Also handbook says that to enable ACPI on -STABLE you need to add 'device acpi' to kernel config, but I found that it must be acpica instead! Maybe it's a mistake?

Yuri

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 09:45:53 +0300, Sergey 'DoubleF' Zaharchenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 31 Jan 2004 18:14:42 -0500
Lowell Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> probably wrote:

Yuri Grebenkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi. I used to run poweroff on RH Linux. Now I'm under FreeBSD 4.9 and
> I can't turn power off - I have to push button by my hand after
> running halt that prints that system has halted and ready to
> reboot. Is there any way to turn power off by software?

Sure. 'shutdown -p now' will do it, assuming you have apm(4) in your kernel.

and apm_enable="YES" in your /etc/rc.conf