On Tuesday 17 February 2004 02:58 pm, Derek Burns / Bend-Pak wrote:
> GUI
> Windows XP
> And we are on the same network

Tightvnc is similar to PC Anywhere in that it will let you see and manipulate
the server's window as if you were at the server.   It is different from PC
Anywhere in that it is free.  Tightvnc is available for Unix and Windows; so
you can use it to manage your FreeBSD server from your Windows PC.

On the FreeBSD server, install tightvnc from the ports:

> cd /usr/ports/net/tightvnc
> make install clean

On the PC, install tightvnc.  You can find tightvnc packages for Windows by
searching via google.

If the network connection between the server and PC is not protected, you
should probably run tightvnc through ssh on FreeBSD and through putty on
Windows.

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould