On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi
> I'm setting up a router/firewall to measure bandwidth on our co-located customers
> and when i try to configure the second eth card with a new ip adress but the same
> details as the first card(except that it has it's own ip)with the /stand/sysinstall
> utility i get an error when i press ok, it says.
> Invalid gateway IPv4 address specified
> All the settings are the same except the ipv4 address which is one d-class higher
> then the first eth card.

Hi!

could you post a bit more verbose information?

ifconfig int0

and then the output, as you try to configure the second NIC, eg:

ifconfig fxp1 ip netmask

and the output from the route add command...
respectively netstat -rn

With kind regards
Olaf

--
Olaf Hoyer        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fuerchterliche Erlebniss geben zu raten,