I'm putting together a system that will host a relatively small database
(around 20,000 records), as well as run Apache / PHP to search that
database. I have the option in front of me to use a P III dual 1GHz machine
with a SCSI Raid 5, or to use a single P4 2.8 GHz with a SCSI Raid 1. Both
have 1GB RAM. I'm looking to use MySQL as the DB. The site that this machine
will host gets about 2 million hits per months (yes, hits, not pageviews or
visitors) from about 21,000 unique visitors. Does anyone have an opinion as
to which machine will perform best under this scenario? Obviously, both
would run FreeBSD. Thanks,

Joe Koenig
Production Manager
jWeb New Media Design