On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 02:49:04PM -0600, Frank Knobbe wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 17:00, Shaun T. Erickson wrote:
> > I waited a bit, then ran cvsup on the ports, once more, and this time
> > there was more to download, including a new INDEX-5 file. I ran portsdb
> > -Uu once more, and it worked perfectly. I guess my ports tree was out of
> > sync somehow.

> make describe complains on each of them.

Post the errors if you want us to be able to analyze things.

> BTW: All on 4.8-RELEASE-p15 if that matters.

It might..that version is no longer officially supported by the ports
collection (see http://www.freebsd.org), and there was a change to
make(1) before 4.9 that corrected a parse error in certain makefile
syntax.  Over time ports have started to rely on this bugfix.

Kris