Greetings,
I am still working on the firewall performance issue.  What I would like
opinion on is, if I install 5.1 on a PII 233, 182MB Ram and configure it
as a firewall (IPFilter) with (2) xl nic's, is that better than buying a
linksys BEFSX41 router with firewall ?

My current Freebsd 4.6 firewall running on an AMD K2 233, 64MB
EDO Ram, with 2 ep0 nics is slowing me down.  I have 1.5Mb DSL
and I only see 700K.  If I plug a notebook right into the DSL jack
(unplug the firewall of course) and run tests, I get 1.5Mb.

thanks in advance,
Darryl