"Bottom posting", where you leave the entire previous message, is only marginally better than top posting.

If the text is important, you should be reading it.  If it isn't, the
sender shouldn't have included it.

On the contrary, it shows you what the discussion is about.  In this
example, I'm answering your points one by one.  I'll repeat the whole
thing with top posting.  Tell me if it's easier to read.

Agreed, mixing styles is the worst of the lot.  That's a very good
reason to insist on one style.

What's wrong with the convention we have?  I'll answer this message a
third time in the style you propose.  Tell me if it's easier to read.

Greg,

This one just gets too long after a thread of 5 or more. I can relate to the others but, I just don't read any of the thread to start with if the subject or the original post doesn't concern me. :) That's just me though.

Michael

--
Michael D. Whities
[EMAIL PROTECTED]