I've looked in the docs, and used google, and I need a quick steer as to the best way to proceed.

Our company is running two servers: one is a public web/mail/dns server sitting in a rack at Telecity, the other one is sitting here right next to me, and should never be seen outside of the office. Both are running FreeBSD-CURRENT. Both carry MySQL databases: the public one will carry cyrus mail, and authentication data for a radius server, the private one will carry our customer account data.

What I'd like to do, following my principle that buildings tend to burn down one at a time, is to set the two databases to mirror each other, so that we would be able to reconstitute either database if the need were to arise. I'd like this to be as easy and automatic as possible. Is there a standard vanilla way of doing this, or do I have to get inventive?

On the same tack, I'd like to have an encrypted pipe between the two servers (over which this company-confidential data will travel). Since one of the servers is behind a NAT (and soon will be behind a firewall, too), I'd like to use CIPE rather then IPSec. Am I correct in finding that CIPE is not implemented on FreeBSD? Do i have to use IPSec?

Thanks for any leads.

---
Andy Holyer, Technical stuff
Hedgehog Broadband, 11 Marlborough Place Brighton BN1 1UB
08451 260895 x 241