I tried your suggestion and so far so good. I'm still seeing a small amount of dns lookup stacking (IE if one request hasn't completed the others are put on hold till it's done rather than doing parallel lookups) that's stalling a few requests, but otherwise my browsing problem seems to be solved overall. I'd like to figure out how to drop my default dns timeout from 30 seconds to something like 7-10 seconds. Reason I'm thinking that is because my network is fast enough that if I haven't gotten an answer back within 7-10 seconds, I'm certainly not going to get one within 30. Now comes the fun of RTFM and figuring out if that's possible under freebsd. :D

At 06:12 AM 5/9/04 -0600, Warren Block wrote:
On Sat, 8 May 2004, Dragoncrest wrote:

>          Still looking for answers.  If anyone has any ideas, I would be
> very grateful to hear them.  Thanks.

I haven't seen slow host lookups with Mozilla since removing IPv6 from
the kernel.