Hopefully, a simple question.

 

I have set up a FreeBSD server to develop a web app for a client.

my system is:

 

            FreeBSD                       Version 5.2

            Apache             Version 2.0.47

            MySQL             Version 4.0.16

            MySQLCC                     Version 0.9.3

            PHP                 Version 4.3.3

 

Now I am able to create the pages, (using Quanta 3.1.4).but I cannot view
them 

from anywhere except the FreeBSD box.

  

Before I upgraded from FreeBSD 4.9 to 5.2, I could get to the site from my
W2K system, 

using a VirtualHost setting and browsing to http://10.0.0.27:5000/login.php

 

In the httpd.conf file, I had the following setup:

 

            nameserver FreeBee.reddwarf

 

            Listen 5000

 

            <VirtualHost 10.0.0.27:5000>

                        ServerAdmin      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                        DocumentRoot   /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/helpdesk

                        ServerName       www.helpdesk.com

                        ErrorLog            logs/helpdesk-error_log

                        TransferLog       logs/helpdesk-transfers_log

            </VirtualHost>

 

 

This seemed to work fine, as I was able to get to the page from my W2K
system, 

and I have duplicated these settings in the current setup.  

(I have also tried numerous other settings)

 

When I try to connect to the site now (after upgrading to 5.2), I get "could
not connect to host 10.0.027:5000"

 

My network is setup:

 

            10.10.1.1                       -Domain Controller    W2K Server

            10.0.0.1 - 10.0.0.100     -Windows Clients  (mine is 10.0.0.1)

            10.0.0.27                       -FreeBSD box (This is set up
with DHCP)

 

I believe I have to set up something in the hosts file, but I cannot seem to
find 

anything on the Apache or FreeBSD sites that really relate to the problems I
am having.  

I have searched for the last 4 days with no success..

 

Currently, my hosts file looks like this:

 

            ::01                   localhost FreeBee.reddwarf

            127.0.0.1           localhost FreeBee.reddwarf

            10.0.0.27           FreeBee FreeBee.reddwarf

            10.10.1.1           DTServer DTServer.reddwarf

            10.0.0.1            Bruno Bruno.reddwarf

 

 

FreeBee is the name of the FreeBSD box,  DTServer is my Domain Controller
box, 

and Bruno is my workstation.  reddwarf is the domain (LAN only)

 

All of these boxes are behind my router, and function solely as a LAN.  

I can get to the internet through the router (10.0.0.6).

 

My resolv.conf file is written by dhclient, and points to 10.10.1.1:

 

            search reddwarf

            nameserver 10.10.1.1

 

This works fine for browsing from the FreeBSD box, and I can get to any
website I want to,

but I have seen some articles/mails on freebsd.org that suggest this needs
to 

include something else to resolve FreeBee.

 

My rc.conf file is:

 

            hostname="FreeBee.reddwarf"

            ifconfig_xl0="DHCP"

            inetd_enable="YES"

            linux_enable="YES"

            moused_enable="YES"

            usbd_enable="YES"

            defaultrouter="10.0.0.6"

 

 

_______________________________________________
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Reply via email to