On Saturday 15 May 2004 00:26, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> FreeBSD 5.2
>
> What command will be used to display the complete
> history of the hard drvice (other than fdisk) listing
> all partitions, their allocated space, used space,
> available space, date of creation, etc.

disklabel(8) and df(1) should give you most of what you need. They'll
certainly tell you about partitions, used/free space, etc . As for time of
creation, I don't know of anything that will tell you that. I'd be surprised
if that was information that was available, it doesn't seem like the kind of
thing a filesystem needs to know.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
it was a hard sell, since he's a database person, and as far as I've seen,