Bjarne Wichmann Petersen wrote:
On Sunday 09 May 2004 22:07, Bjarne Wichmann Petersen wrote:

I've spend several hours trying to get samba to play nice. I can get user
to login from windows to their bsd-account, mount CD's etc.. But I can't
get the users to print. I can see the printer and I can install it. But
when I click on the installed printer I get "access denied".

I've tried everything, dublicating every smb.conf I could find. Trying out
every options. None helped. Hope someone here can spot what's wrong.

My setup is a desktop PC running FBSD and a laptop with w2k. These are
connected through a router. The printer is a laserjet and works great on
the FBSD.

I've got an HP LaserJet 4V connected to the parallel port of my FBSD PC. I use CUPS, so I share the printer with W2k over ipp (port 631). Note: older W$ boxes (W96, W98) do not support ipp, I believe. My firewall has: ${fwcmd} add check-state ${fwcmd} add allow tcp from any to any established keep-state ${fwcmd} add allow log tcp from 147.46.44.0/24,147.46.50.0/24 to my.pc.ip.ad ipp in via rl0 setup

You seem not to be working with CUPS. In that case, why not using lpd (port 515)
instead of samba? I think that's more secure, than opening up your firewall for
all the funny M$-W$ ports.

W2k should support lpd printer sharing, if I'm not wrong. I'm not a M$-W$ expert
though.

lpd is covered in the printer section of the handbook.

Rob.