hi,
  I've posted a question here regarding the enabling
of ftp server.. Some responses said, its as easy as
just uncommenting out one of these lines in
inetd.conf.

#ftp    stream  tcp     nowait root
/usr/libexec/ftpd       ftpd -l

#ftp    stream  tcp6    nowait  root
/usr/libexec/ftpd       ftpd -l

#tftp   dgram   udp     wait    root
/usr/libexec/tftpd      tftpd -s /tftpboot

#tftp   dgram   udp6    wait    root
/usr/libexec/tftpd      tftpd -s /tftpboot

Question:

Which of these four lines should I really uncomment
out?
What's the difference between an ftp and a tftp?
And what's next?

   I know that, to be able to have a complete ftp
directory, you'll have to provide the directory itself
where you will place the files that you will let
others to download from you... In my case I want to
share my files in my home directory coz it contains
files that I wanted my friends to donwload from me...

   I Also know that my ISP provides my with a dynamic
ip address.

   After uncommenting that ftp line in inetd.conf, how
will my friends be able to access my files now?

   Is there any configuration file for ftp server that
will tell where the directory itself is located, the
username and password my friends should provide, and
my current ip address? Coz' I can't seem to find it
somewhere in the handbook..

thanks a lot in advance:)
-jay