On stardate Sun, 30 May 2004, the wise Warren Block entered:

On Sun, 30 May 2004, Marco Beishuizen wrote:

I used to have two ifconfig lines in my rc.conf:
ifconfig_dc0="DHCP"
ifconfig_dc0="media autoselect"

The first to enable DHCP and the second to set my networkcard to 100BaseTX full duplex.

Can rc.conf work that way? rc.conf is just a shell script, and you're assigning values to variables, so the second declaration would overwrite the first. As to why that would have worked for you... After dhclient runs successfully once, some of the information is kept on disk (resolv.conf, default route). Maybe it was enough?

I don't know why but it did work. Now I put the media autoselect line in /etc/start_if.dc0 and that works.
Thanks,

Marco

--
Vote for ME -- I'm well-tapered, half-cocked, ill-conceived and
TAX-DEFERRED!