Hi all,
Installed 5.2.1 on a high load server - albeit not recommended - and it was working perfectly with SMP support. It picked up 4 cpu's and appeared to be using them all. (The box is a dual 2.4gig Xeon machine). Anyway, the box was as I said under quite a bit of load, and would die about once a day - just reboot. I looked into it a bit and found whenever I put more load on (e.g. a make install in ports) it would panic - vm_load_page or something like that - sorry about being so vague. Anyway I took out SMP support, and now it boots with 2 cpu's - one normal Xeon + HT for the second (no idea how to disable that - but I don't need to)... its been running perfect for 4 days now and I put it under SERIOUS load.. has anyone else had SMP problems on 5.2.1? I couldn't find anything about it at first glimpse...

Thanks
Dave