Port 25 is the world wide internet standard for smtp mail servers to
listen on for inbound mail. There is no problem of changing your
smtp email server to listen on port 24, except for the fact that no
body on the internet can reach your smtp email server because they
will be sending to port 25 which your ISP has blocked and you are
not listening on. So for all practical purposes it does nothing for
you.

Last year I read that zoneedit was developing an port 25 redirect as
an companion to their port 80 redirect.

Check out www.zoneedit.com   to see if it's available yet.  Besides
ISP blocking port 25, port 80 is also blocked for the same reasons.
Once you sign up for the free zoneedit service all your domain name
driven traffic passes through zoneedit. You can configure your
zoneedit account to redirect port 80 to say port 8080 and then
config your web server to listen on port 8080 and you bypass your
ISP's block. If zoneedit has it's port 25 redirect available it will
allow you to do same thing.

Check it out and the other free zoneedit like companies out there.
One of then may have port 25 redirect working. If you find any
please report back to this thread for the archives.