On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 07:45:28AM -0500, Andrew L. Gould wrote:
> On Saturday 19 June 2004 04:18 am, Jason Oakley wrote:
> > Ive managed to mount the CF card in my multicard reader:
> >
> > /dev/da0s1     129254    31334    97920    24%    /mnt/CF
> >
> > But not the SD card port on the same reader.
> > I'm guessing it's /dev/da1s1 but I used MAKEDEV on it and I still
> > can't mount it.

What does 'camcontrol devlist' say?  Probably it will just list one device
(da0) that - as you've found - corresponds with the CF slot on your card
reader.  The other slots are probably mapped to other LUNs (Logical Unit
Numbers) on the same SCSI device number.  The CAM framework only probes LUN
0 by default, so you only see the first slot.  For example, when my machine
boots, I have:

# camcontrol devlist
<DMI MultiFlash 3.00>              at scbus2 target 0 lun 0 (pass0,da4)

which happens to by the SD/MMC slot on my four-slot reader.  To make the
other slots visible I do:

# camcontrol rescan 2:0:1
# camcontrol rescan 2:0:2
# camcontrol rescan 2:0:3
# camcontrol devlist
<DMI MultiFlash 3.00>              at scbus2 target 0 lun 0 (pass0,da4)
<DMI MultiFlash 3.00>              at scbus2 target 0 lun 1 (da5,pass1)
<DMI MultiFlash 3.00>              at scbus2 target 0 lun 2 (da6,pass2)
<DMI MultiFlash 3.00>              at scbus2 target 0 lun 3 (da7,pass3)

where the '2' and '0' come from the 'scbus' and 'target' parts of the
devlist output - these will probably be different for your system.  So now
I have da{5,6,7} corresponding to the SmartMedia, CF and Memory Stick slots
on my reader.

I actually have all those 'camcontrol rescan' commands in my /etc/usbd.conf
file, so everything is set up automatically when the reader is detected.
You might also want to look into using the automounter to avoid having to
mount things manually - it's pretty convenient to be able to plug in a card
then just 'cd /flash/cf' (or whatever) to access it.  Dan Pelleg wrote a
pretty good article about this on DaemonNews last year:

http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200305/cfmount.html

Hope that's some help to you,

        Scott