On Thursday 08 July 2004 01:08 pm, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 12:49:34PM -0800, Beecher Rintoul wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm getting the following when I try to startx from another user besides
> > root:
> >
> > Fatal server error: Cannot move old logfile /var/log/XFree86.0.log.old
> >
> > I searched the mailing lists, but aside from a couple of references, I
> > didn't find any solutions. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Install the x11/wrapper port if you want to be able to run startx as a
> mortal user.
>
>       Cheers,
>
>       Matthew

Thanks for replying. I had the wrapper installed, but it wasn't working
properly. A reinstall fixed everything. Once again thanks for the hint.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9th Avenue Ste.310
/ \