(   Scott, I'm sorry the correct tag is
  (
  (   *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5_2

That's ok Ezequiel. No harm done. Fortunately I was
upgrading a fresh install so none of my own data was lost.
I've learned a lot today. I've put off upgrading because the
entire process looked so daunting, but when you break it
down into each step, it's not as hard as I thought it would
be. :)

I just finished the upgrade using the correct cvs tag. It
took three hours total, but seems to be up and running fine
now. Uname now shows:
FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p9
Woo Hoo! It worked!

Thanks again to everyone for the assistance today. :)
Scott