Greg 'groggy' Lehey said:
> The current status of Vinum in -CURRENT is that it is being
> rewritten.  The introduction of the GEOM layer has badly broken Vinum,
> and it has been decided better to rewrite it than to fix it.  It'll be
> a while before it's smooth again.

This would be a good note to put somewhere obvious such as the 5.x-RELEASE
errata. I too had been trying to get Vinum to work in -CURRENT. Vinum is an
important part of FreeBSD for some people and there's likely going to be a lot
of people trying to test it out as 5.x approaches STABLE.

--
Charles Ulrich
System Administrator