On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Kevin Stevens wrote:

On Aug 18, 2004, at 01:40, Dino Vliet wrote:

@home we have a cable internet connection and I want
to attach a router to it to be able to share the
internet connection of 1 standalone winxp pc and a
laptop running freebsd 4.10
The cable connection uses dhcp to assign me a
ip-address. I also would like a switch to be able to
set up a lan between the pc's at home.
Buy the cheapest thing on sale (should be < $30 new if you shop around) and replace it later if you need some specific different feature.
If you are new to FreeBSD this really is the best idea to get started.
With some experience you will be able to connect your FreeBSD machine directly to the internet and make it a gateway for all other workstations.

Regards,

Uli.