--On Wednesday, August 18, 2004 08:46:58 AM -0700 Mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Greetings,

I'm running 4.10. And I just and ran portupgrade and got php-4.3.8.  I
read the UPDATING file and noticed that the php4 extensions are now
installed separately [/usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions].

Did you comment out the extensions_dir parameter in php.ini?

Note: I'm running Apache-1.3.31

So I installed (make install && make clean) the php4 extensions using the
curses based screen.  Aside from MySQL support (a default) I choose bz2,
gettext, IMAP, calendar, ftp, zlib, xml, and imagick support.

The install and registration seemed to work without any errors. And all
possible php extensions are listed in /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini

OK.  Sounds good.

However,

When I check php (phpinfo.php) with
"http://192.168.1.40/~test1/phpinfo.php";, I get this from the "Configure
Command" portion of the resulting php output:

[Configure Command]
'./configure' '--enable-versioning' '--enable-memory-limit'
'--with-layout=GNU' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/etc/php'
'--disable-all' '--with-regex=php' '--disable-cli'
'--with-apxs=/usr/local/sbin/apxs' '--prefix=/usr/local'
'i386-portbld-freebsd4.10'

Question: Where are the extensions I selected for installation???

I'm trying to install a CMS (MamboServer) and the CMS install routine
reports that php DOES NOT have MySQL, zlib, or xml support.

I've had previous success installing this CMS using an older version of
php4 that did not have the extensions installation seperate.

What am I missing?

What I mentioned above? Make sure you've commented out the extensions_dir parameter in php.ini.

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member