On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Matthew Crowe wrote:

I wanted to make a Freebsd-based cd that would enable restoring of a FAT32 or NTFS filesystem. I know Windows includes things to do this, but I wanted to use unix and build some nifty scripts to do it all automatically (this is designed to restore systems for really computer stupid people). I've already made the programs to restore the images.. but.. I can't ever seem to get a working fbsd boot cd. I found one system called RIP, but it was mainly for Linux (and I really wanted it to be fbsd, as I know it a lot better!). Is there an easy way to make a bootable freebsd recovery disk? I tried hacking the 5.2.1- bootonly disk, but I couldn't ever figure out how to get it re-burned and allow for booting.

http://www.freesbie.org