Hi!

I'm using FreeBSD 5.2.1 and I'm in trouble with installing software
using the ports collection. After typing "make install" everything
seems to be okay, but in most cases I get a message like this after
a few minutes:

fetch time out

It seemed to me that the mirror servers are not uptodate or that
some filenames have changed in the meantime, because fetching data
from ftp-servers worked a few times.
But in nearly all cases I had to copy the files manually in
/usr/ports/distfiles as "make install" finally suggested.

So I installed a new ports-collection with sysinstall over ftp but
things haven't changed. I'm a little confused, because fetching data
from FreeSD ftp-servers doesn't work too (remember that some fetches
were successful!).

Please help me,
Florian

Florian Hengstberger