On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 01:30:29PM -0700, kstewart wrote:
> On Saturday 04 September 2004 12:17 pm, Gary Kline wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 01:27:45PM -0500, Vulpes Velox wrote:
> > > On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 10:52:55 +0200
> > >

> >  Sounding more hopeful.  Can you please post your mplayer
> >  configuration?  Or give me some hints on howto replace
> >  realplay with mplayer with mozilla?  It would be nice to
> >  have FBSD versions of every tool, plug-in or otherwise.
> >  (Be nice to have Java plugins for mozilla, but Sun has
> >  its corporate head up where the sun don' shine... *sigh*)
>
> What java plugin are you talking about?

        Not a plugin but whatever jdk-* supports java in its
        many uses.  javascript and whatever else.  On my laptop
        I have netscape7 which appears to come with everything
        pre-built and -installed.  Given my druthers, I rather
        use mozilla.

> I have a volcano in México called Popocatépetl that I follow and I need a
> javavm plugin setup for mozilla.The page used to work with mozilla and not
> konqueror but now it works with konqueror and not mozilla.
>
>  RealPlayer8 work with both of them but works much better with mozilla. I got
> irritated with my setup while I was typing this and fixed konqueror so that
> it would default to realplay on *.ram files.

        Have you used links -g?  I finally figured out howto get both
        realplay and xmms|zink to work with this browser.  Happened to
        discover that Real does play mp3's.  Works with Shoutcast.

        Next step is to see if I can get mplayer going.

        gary

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix