        From: Chris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Mon 9/6/2004 5:35 PM
        To: Dustin
        Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: Re: xorg -configure: command not found

        Dustin wrote:
        > Probably a stupid question but, just installed xorg from ports, ran
'rehash', and attempted to run 'Xorg -configure', but get:

        > Xorg: Command not found.
        >
        > I added 'X_WINDOW_SYSTEM=xorg' to make.conf even though XFree86 was never
installed on this system.

        > What am I missing?

        2 things -

        1. startx ought to start X and bring you into your WM of choice.
        2. To configure X itself,  xorgcfg OR xorgconfig

        --
        Best regards,
        Chris

        Everybody who didn't want a pain shot when you were
        passing out pain shots wants one when you are passing
        out sleeping pills.