Dustin wrote:
When I run any one of those commands, I get a "command not found message".
I followed the instructions in the handbook to a tee, not sure what's going on.
Just to refresh, it's a FreeBSD 5.2.1-REL (Fresh Install), kern-developer option, updated ports tree using cvsup, ran portupgrade, etc..
Dustin

-----Original Message----- From: Chris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Mon 9/6/2004 5:35 PM To: Dustin Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: xorg -configure: command not found

Dustin wrote:
> Probably a stupid question but, just installed xorg from ports, ran 'rehash', and attempted to run 'Xorg -configure', but get:
> > Xorg: Command not found.
> > I added 'X_WINDOW_SYSTEM=xorg' to make.conf even though XFree86 was never installed on this system.
> > What am I missing?

2 things -

1. startx ought to start X and bring you into your WM of choice.
2. To configure X itself, xorgcfg OR xorgconfig

--
Best regards,
Chris

Everybody who didn't want a pain shot when you were
passing out pain shots wants one when you are passing
out sleeping pills.

When in doubt,

cd /usr/X11R6/bin && ls xorg*

--
Best regards,
Chris

It is far better to do nothing that to do
something efficiently.
                -- Siezbo