Harald,

Well I don't want to get into any courtsy controversies or licensing
gimmicks. But what the steve said has a good point. Lets think it that
way that just a casual onlooker cant make out what OS and version is
running on the box. It makes the life of a cracker just a little more
difficult. However more promising guyz and galz can find it out
anyway.

Regards
S.

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 05:52:30 +0200, Harald Schmalzbauer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 8. September 2004 05:41 schrieb steveb99:
>
> > I don't like the OS name and version displayed with logging to ssh or
>
> Best would be to use anythig else which you like.
> And after that you could read your offending mail again and sitting ashamed in
> the corner for a loong loong time....
>
> > other areas. Where to I eliminate or change the text of the message
> > being displayed?
>
> Nowhere! That's one of the things you have to keep if you're using
> BSD-Licensed code :)
>
> Alternatively you're welcome to contribute youre code!
>
> -Harry
>

> > Steve Barnette

Subhro Sankha Kar
School of Information Technology