Hi Steve,

Nothing can stop a hacker who really wants your box, but most of the
annoyances are script kiddies. Script kiddies when things get tough
tend to move on to another system. So whatever I can to not help
script kiddies is to my advantage.

This might be true, yes. They might not care and try every trick in their toolkit.

One of my 'problems' with this approach lies with the "move on to another system". So now they're hitting on *my* systems... ;-)

Someone, somewhere has to deal with these creatures and get them caught/slapped in the face/buttkicked. I report whenever I can, which is all I can do, I guess.

Plus (back to the original topic), if we both upgrade regularly, whose box is more secure? Yours or mine? :-)

Bye... Nico