Matthew Seaman wrote:
It certainly seems that you are right as usual, Matthew.
Removing "openssl.so" from /usr/local/lib/php/20020429
and restarting Apache works (no core dump!)

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. Deleted the file and still apache dumps on me.

Try setting APACHE_PORT=www/apache13-modssl in your /etc/make.conf or
in the ENV[] section in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf and recompiling
PHP and any PHP extensions.

I did this as well. First I put the APACHE_PORT in /etc/make.conf, then I made deinstall apache, php and php4-extensions. Made clean on all of them. Then I reinstalled apache first, then php. Apache dumps on startup. Tried building the extensions, no change.

However the starting it up, switching php on, then restarting still works (which is very lucky, as I need this up).

I'm open to any other suggestions though, this has been very frustrating as my first experience with freebsd.

Vonleigh Simmons <http://illusionart.com/>