On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 12:44:46 +0100
David Gerard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've just installed the latest 5.3 beta with XOrg 6.7.0.
> The mouse works, except I can't get the mouse wheel to work.
>
> The mouse section of xorg.conf is as follows:

[ ... ]

> The last two option lines are as the XFree86 config on my
> old 4.x install was.
>
> Is there something simple and obvious I haven't done?

I recently switched to X.org without changing any of my configuration.
My mouse section looks like this:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "SysMouse"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping"      "4 5"
EndSection

Works fine. I guess you have to change the protocol to SysMouse.

> - d.

Hope it helps,
Benjamin

--
If cars had improved at [the computer industry's] rate, a Rolls Royce
would now cost 10 dollars and get a billion miles per gallon.