Don't have a clue as to the type of drive. I bought it at CompUSA over a year ago. On the case, it simply says:
USB2.0
2.5" slim

It works fine under Win XP. It is an IBM hard drive within the case.

But I realized last night that I am having similar problems with a 40 Buslink external hard drive, connect by USB plug, which I use all of the time. It did recognize it during the installation process, but I hadn't checked it again until last night. I posted this a minute ago, but I think the problem is the SSH program. This was the 1st time that I had it hooked up after installing the system. This is a drive that is usually recognized by any operating system, and was also recognized by FBSD when I had it installed before.
(I know someone is going to say that I shouldn't have changed it....)

Maybe I am missing something here, or have forgotten something, or haven't read something. I have 3 FreeBSD books and have printed out the new online manual. I'm trying to mount it using:
mount_msdosfs /dev/da0 /usb0

I have the '/usb0' directory created in my '/' dir.
I also have the following in my fstab:
/dev/da0     /usb0   msdos   noauto 0 0

I am getting an error from this line when I try using 'mount -a'.
I'm trying to remember the error, but it referred to file system type. This drive is formated as a fat32 file system.

Lloyd Hayes

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

dave wrote:

Hello,
   Not sure of what is happening, it sounds like your drive is at least
being seen because as you say something is working it. Have you tried
booting in debug mode?
   What enclossure are you using for this drive? I am thinking about
replacing mine, i got a sanmax or sandisk can't remember which the company
was terible it died 3 months later and they won't go for it, pitiful
service, so i was wondering in case i decide to replace it.
Thanks.
Dave.