On Jan 26, 2005, at 10:40 AM, Michael C. Shultz wrote:

Thanks Bart for your patience, this one required me to set up
XFree86-4 on a FreeBSD 4.11 machine and back date all of the ports.

Perfectly understandable and I thank you for the efforts you're going through to get portmanager updated so quickly.

So
now I know that on December 1st, 2004 /usr/ports/graphics/xfree86-dri
and /usr/ports/graphics/dri both existed and both report their name
as dri-5.0.2,2 on that date.  This caused portmanager to loop
so I have duplicated the problem which means it can be fixed.

I still need to move the ports forward to the current date before
I have a certain fix but right now I think the quick work around will be
to go into each of these directories (graphics/dri and
graphics/xfree86-dri) and manually de-install them. Then let
portmanager pull back in the correct one. That worked
for the ports as they existed on December 1st, 2004 but I still
need to verify it works for the current date.

So for a quick fix at the moment, I should just go into /usr/ports/graphics/dri and /usr/ports/graphics/xfree86-dri and run "make deinstall", then run "portmanager -u" and it should install the proper version for the dependancies, correct?

Thanks again!

-Bart