On Wednesday 26 January 2005 08:50 am, you wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2005, at 11:36 AM, Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> > Bart, here is what I think will happen based on what I see here, I
> > think
> > it will get past XFree-4-servers ok, but the next program that
> > needs dri is going to bring the wrong one back in and so the
> > looping will start on something else. If I were you I would hold
> > off updating for now until I can give you a certain fix.
>
> Is there an easy way to check what is depending on the dri?  My
> system said it only had the one installed...most likely meaning that
> just dri is causing the looping (correct?).  Or it is the two dri's
> having the same version reported?  I have both currently off the
> system.
>
> At any rate it got past the first loop stage, and it managed to
> update a few more ports.  If it starts with looping again, I won't be
> any worse off than I was before (hopefully); I'd kill the looping
> again when it isn't at a "installing" set of outputs and let you know
> where it stalled again.
>
> Thanks for the updates...
>
> -Bart

OK, hope it works for you. wrapper-1.0_3 also has a dependency on dri.

I can now verify this is how things are supposed to be as of today:

mike@/usr/ports/x11-servers/XFree86-4-Server>make all-depends-list
/usr/ports/graphics/xfree86-dri

mike@/usr/ports/x11/wrapper>make all-depends-list
/usr/ports/graphics/xfree86-dri

As long as you don't see /usr/ports/graphics/dri being built you will be
OK.