Greetings,

I've recently returned to FreeBSD (x86) after my Ultra 30 died.  I've had good
results with the 5.2* and 5.3 releases until I tried to copy an audio cd with
cdda2wav.  I'm a bit 'out-of-touch' with the changes to FBSD over the last 4
years
or so and am hoping someone can point me straight.

First... I tried cdda2wav on the disk in my SCSI CD drive attached to a 2940
controller.  Got a boatload of messages like the following which eventually
resulted in a hung process.

cmd finished after 0.175s timeout 300s
 1/ 1/ 1/  51495 54573%cdda2wav: Input/output error. ReadStandard10: scsi
sendcmd: retryable error
CDB:  28 00 00 02 36 4F 00 00 1A 00
status: 0x0 (GOOD STATUS)
resid: 53248
cmd finished after 0.174s timeout 300s
 1/ 1/ 1/  51496 54573%cdda2wav: Input/output error. ReadStandard10: scsi
sendcmd: retryable error
CDB:  28 00 00 02 36 68 00 00 0C 00
status: 0x0 (GOOD STATUS)
resid: 24576

So I thought I'd try enabling atapicam and trying to use my EIDE CD drive but
the system hangs on boot with a message about an "interrupt storm" (throttling
input).

I tried to disable the 'atapicd' device but it didn't seem to help.

Hoping someone has the magic potion for this..

Many thanks!

--
Randall D. DuCharme (Radio AD5GB)