On 01/29/05 18:42, Gert Cuykens wrote:
you know those blue configuration screens where you can select some
configuration options ?

Is it possible to first do ALL configuration screens of all the
dependencies before building the ports ?

So you know there will not be any screens until its done and you can
spend the time doing something els ?

Cant be that hart to do or am i mistaken ?

I'm not a port developer but I think you are looking for either `make configure` or the BATCH variable.

If you know which ports you want to install on your system, you can do a `make configure' for each port (where it is availeable) and then have a skript fire up the `make install's. I'm not sure though if that works recursively, i.e. you run `make configure' for e.g. the Gnome meta port and you configure all the dependencies with that one command. Why don't you try it? ;-)
If you think the default options are ok for you, you can add a line like "BATCH=yes" in /etc/make.conf and the ports will be built w/o any user interaction. Very useful for large builds.

HTH,

Phil.