Louis LeBlanc wrote:
Don't shoot the messenger! :)

Heh, sorry, that wasn't my intention.

[ ... ]
It's probably not the only deprecation or interface change from 4.x.  I
believe the 'nslookup' tool is now a wrapper to the 'host' utility, but
I never used either one in complex enough ways to see any
incompatibility.  I can't quite remember, but I have the feeling there
was another gotcha I had to get used to going to 5.x.

nslookup being depreciated was actually announced, and a version (or several?) which gave a warning to use something else but otherwise worked fine were released over the course of a year or two, and *then* the program got changed.

--
-Chuck