On Feb 17, 2005, at 2:03 PM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

Robert,

  Hmm - The Mac source (I assume your talking Mac OS X) would probably
be the best to start with.  It might be a very easy port to whatever
version of FreeBSD was used for the version of Mac OS X you wrote the
driver for.

Mac OS X is not based on FreeBSD. It has a BSD user layer and compatibility layer and they DO use the FreeBSD userland for their own, but the driver level is MUCH different.

Chad

FreeBSD 3.X was used as the base for the original merge
of Next code. I don't know how much divergence there's been since then.
If your lucky with little effort a FreeBSD 3.5 or early 4.x driver might
be had. With a bit more effort that could be ported to the current
FreeBSD source tree.

  Are you sure that the EVDO card doesen't use an off-the-shelf
ethernet or wireless controller chip already?

  Is there a URL for the Mac driver source code?

Ted